Last week I briefly mentioned the news that you could earn 2% cash back on Hyatt stays via Ebates.  That post somehow popped up on the radar of someone at TopCashBack.com, a company I had very good success with when booking Radisson stays back in the days of the “Stay One, Get One” promotion.  I know some folks had problems getting paid out, but I personally never had an issue.  Anyway, TopCashBack emailed me asking, among other things, if there were any retailers missing from their selection that I would like to see added.  I hadn’t yet had a chance to return their email (sorry), but I had planned to write them back and say yes, please add Hyatt the way that Ebates has!

Well, it seems they either read my mind, or someone beat me to it, as TopCashBack now has Hyatt listed as a cash back option!

You can earn 3% cash back on your Hyatt reservations via TopCashBack when you book your Hyatt stays by first going through the TopCashBack site.  It works essentially like an online shopping portal, so it will take you right to the Hyatt.com website so you book your stays like normal.  Obviously 3% cash back isn’t huge, but it sure isn’t terrible!  Why leave free money on the table?!  Until recently I didn’t know of any way to book Hyatt stays via an online portal, so I’m pretty excited about this.

Hyatt TopCashBack Mommy Points

Here are some terms from the TopCashBack site:

• Please note; cashback is only paid out when a stay in completed and confirmed.
  • Please note; cashback is not eligible on bookings that have a travel agency IATA reference, corporate or government account code, or Gold Passport redemption code in the booking
  • Hyatt Hotels & Resorts cashback is available through Top CashBack on genuine, tracked transactions completed immediately and wholly online.
  • HYATT HOTELS & RESORTS CASHBACK can be earned simply by clicking through to the merchant and shopping online as normal.

Other Ways to Save on Hyatt Stays:

• Buy Hyatt gift cards at 10% off via a $49.95 Milepoint Premium Membership (limit of $5,000 in gift certificates, can be used at Hyatts in the US, Canada, and the Caribbean)
  • Pay for your Hyatt stay with a American Express business credit card with OPEN benefits such as the Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express to get a 5% discount or 2 additional Membership Rewards points for each eligible dollar spent up to $10,000 per year at participating Hyatt locations in the US.
  • Word on the street is that the gift cards purchased at a discount via MilePoint Premium are also eligible for the 5% rebate via the Open program

This means there are lots of stackable ways to save money on many Hyatt stays – and this is on top of all the regular and bonus points you earn for the Hyatt stays themselves!  I know all of this adds a little extra time to making reservations, but I know it will be worth it to me to keep a little extra cash in my pockets!

You can join TopCashBack using my referral link, or feel free to leave yours in the comment section for others to use!  Thanks to One Mile at a Time for sharing the good news!

10 Responses to “Earn 3% Cash Back on Hyatt Stays Via TopCashBack”

1. […] Earn 3% Cash Back on Hyatt Stays Via TopCashBack […]

2. jeremy says:

From what I understand, 10% for milepoint hyatt combo, 5% off if we use starwood biz card, and then 3% off for booking hyatt via topcashback…seems like 18% off to me…not to mention that we earn points and status with the stay

Jeremy, assuming everything works the way I understand it to work, you are correct!

4. Pay for a Hyatt stay? Who’s ever done such a thing ;)

5. Aaron says:

Isn’t point earning / stay credit worth more than a +10% discount?

The terms very clearly state:

“Do I receive Hyatt Gold Passport points when I redeem Hyatt Certificates and Gift Cards?

No. The purchase or redemption of Hyatt Certificates and Gift Cards are NOT eligible for Hyatt Gold Passport point earnings or stay credits at this time.”

Aaron, good to pay attention to the terms, but in this case they are deceptively too conservative as you do indeed earn points and stay credit when paying with the gift cards. Not only has that always been my experience, but Hyatt also clarified it for us.
    They do say you don’t on spa/restaurant charges if you pay those with the gift cards. Hope that helps!

7. 2thepoint says:

do we get the status/night credits if we go through topcashback?

Yes, TopCashBack just takes you to the Hyatt site to make your reservation just like normal.

9. 2thepoint says:

let me be more specific…
    do we get the status/night credit if we go through topcashback if we are doing a diamond trial/challenge

Yes, you literally are making a booking as normal on Hyatt’s website. It is not different than if you didn’t go through topcashback, except you get a % back from topcashback, not from Hyatt.