I love Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals, and while I think I am passing on my Black Friday midnight crazy shopping itinerary (for the first time in a very long time), I know I will at least be on the computer looking for some great deals on presents and other things we “need”.  However, great deals this week are not limited to electronics, clothing, and toys.  The travel industry gets in on the Black Friday and Cyber Monday action with some deals that are mediocre, and some deals that are pretty great!

Just like with the best deals on the hot gadgets, the almost-too-good-to-be-true travel deals won’t last long, so it pays to be ready by doing a little research ahead of time to know what might be coming.  The travel industry seems to start their deals Wednesday of this week and then they pop up through Cyber Monday, or in the case of HoJo, “Orange Wednesday”.  I recommend checking in on Twitter starting this Wednesday and lasting through Cyber Monday (yes, I hate those terms too) to see what deals are out, as they probably won’t last very long.  I will share the deals I come across, and encourage you to do the same!  If you aren’t already, feel free to follow me at @mommy_points.

I suspect we will see some offers coming from the hotel and airline chains themselves, and then some coming from individual properties.  I know some are planning to use social media tweets and similar to deliver discount codes specifically to those who respond.

Here are a few deals I know are coming (or are already launched), and please feel free to add to the list in the comments section.  This is just a sampling and I bet some good deals are still to come.

Black Friday Hotels

Are there any specific deals you are hoping to get in on this week?

9 Responses to “Get Ready for Black Friday and Cyber Monday Travel Deals”

1. Lively says:

Thanks for the links! I will def be checking back in.

2. Stephen says:

I will definitely check in on the hotels.com deal.

3. Glenn says:

You didn’t mention the SPG Cyber Monday sale at:

though at least at the moment it looks pretty damn limited. Also a little confusing since supposedly its up and running already but I clicked on the Anaheim hotel that is participating and it says it isn’t live yet, so confused…

4. Bruce W says:

If anyone will be taking advantage of the Philly deal on the Radisson BLu, let me know. I can give you some suggestions for restaurants, etc.

Summer, will we have any idea of available date ranges or blackout dates on this deal or will we just have to search for availability?

Bruce, I have read it is good through feb w some blackout dates but that’s all I know for now.

6. […] Get Ready for Black Friday and Cyber Monday Travel Deals […]

7. […] Also, check out her great and comprehensive post on some Black Friday and Cyber Monday travel deals.  LINK […]

8. Bruce says:

I have been trying since Friday to book a room at the Radisson, but I keep getting a message that says rate code is invalid. I have tried about 10-15 different dates this morning and still nothing.

Bruce, I have heard some success stories, but I haven’t tried myself. Sorry to hear it has been frustrating for you!