This week I was notified by a rep for IHG Rewards Club that a new Big Win Promotion would be coming in early 2014, and that the website would be available today. Turns out the website won’t actually be up now until the weekend, but I’m still able to at least give a little head’s up that another Big Win promo will be coming.
For those not familiar, the current Big Win promo has been pretty popular with some IHG Rewards fans, and while the individual offers were unique, everyone had a minimum of 50,000 IHG reward points on the line if they completed all of the steps in the Big Win. The current Big Win promotion that is about to wrap up ran from September 1 – December 31, and had steps such as:
- Stay at any IHG® hotel for bonus points
- Stay a total of 4 nights for bonus points
- Stay at 2 different IHG brands and receive bonus points
- Book 2 separate stays through an IHG® hotel website or mobile device for bonus points
- Stay at 2 of the following locations below and receive bonus points: Select properties in Montreal, Seattle, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Mexico City, Washington DC, Denver, Chicago, Sao Paulo, and NYC
- Complete all of your offers and receive bonus points
The exact offers and number of points that were on the line varied by account, so some had more lucrative offers than others.
The 2014 Big Win Offer:
They haven’t publicly shared too many details yet, but here is what I know about the 2014 Big Win promotion.
- Each IHG guest will get an individually tailored set of offers for the 2014 Big Win
- Offers in the 2014 Big Win will include “select offers with a greater focus on our individual hotel brands.”
- The promotion will run January 1 – April 30, 2014
- The promotion will include all IHG branded hotels including InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts, Hotel Indigo® Hotels, Holiday Inn® Hotels, Holiday Inn Resort® Hotels, Holiday Inn Club Vacations®, Holiday Inn Express® Hotels, Staybridge Suites® Hotels and Candlewood Suites® Hotels brands.
- I wasn’t able to get a clear answer on whether there will be a minimum of 50,000 points on the line for each account this time or not, but I was told this promo would be “very similar to the current Big Win”.
- Pre-registration is scheduled to start on Monday December 16th
All in all, I think it is good news that another Big Win promo is set to start on January 1st, but we’ll have to wait a little longer to see just how lucrative the individual offers will be. Stay tuned!