And oh, what an adventure it is. Stay tuned for the details. I’m still on the phone.

Forget I ever said that Delta miles are worthless. ;)

1. April 16th, 2009 at 3:11 pm

Rochester Rich said,

Do tell. I’ve accumulated a bunch last year starting the the Bosley Hair 20K and a handful of 1 day weekend rentals at under 6 tenths of a penny per mile. I hope to use them in 2010.

2. April 16th, 2009 at 3:37 pm

uavking said,

Who wants to bet that it’s an SQ award?… ;)

3. April 16th, 2009 at 3:42 pm

I do, because it’s not. :D

It’s an award ON Delta metal. Shocking, I know!

4. April 16th, 2009 at 3:54 pm

Feel free to guess where I’m going. If you get it right I’ll send some United drink chits your way.

5. April 16th, 2009 at 4:06 pm

nun said,

Sydney?

6. April 16th, 2009 at 4:15 pm

Monty Jamieson(FT yyz_atc_lj) said,

I’m gonna guess Buenos Aires, am interested in the process though.

7. April 16th, 2009 at 4:17 pm

Chris said,

Well it’d have to be somewhere with slowing demand and decent availability on DL versus UA.

How about EZE or GRU?

8. April 16th, 2009 at 4:26 pm

nun said,

Since it’s a valuable award, my second guess would be business class GIG during carnival next year which is 10-11 months out (the time you’d want to book that sort of thing).

9. April 16th, 2009 at 4:41 pm

Gene said,

Dubai.

10. April 16th, 2009 at 4:41 pm

pkdonnel said,

Malabo

11. April 16th, 2009 at 4:46 pm

James said,

I just booked 7 roundtrips in business to TLV for family members on our first choice dates for only 90K each. No complaints from me about Delta.

12. April 16th, 2009 at 4:54 pm

DiscoPapa said,

I’m going to say London, since you haven’t been there yet. Plus the 764s will soon have lie-flats…

13. April 16th, 2009 at 5:02 pm

Gene said,

I am changing my guess to Prague.

14. April 16th, 2009 at 5:19 pm

Contest closed. :D The correct answer is coming shortly in a post about my experience, but I will say that I’m takiing advantage of the 25% off business class fare sale.

15. April 16th, 2009 at 5:21 pm

Josh said,

I can’t wait to hear Hunter defend Delta on this one.

16. April 16th, 2009 at 5:22 pm

It’s funny, because I emailed Hunter about this an hour ago. All of a sudden he can’t make it for the podcast recording tonight (I kid you not). :D

17. April 16th, 2009 at 5:47 pm

uavking said,

Lucky on Delta?? Say it ain’t so!… :D

18. April 16th, 2009 at 6:33 pm

Gary said,

Contest closed, ok, but assume this has to involve ATL-EZE.

Historically very difficult to procure, perhaps with the massive drop in premium class bookings it has opened up. And with the discount, a good award.

Still, it means you *have to fly Delta*. So it’s not ALL that! :p

19. April 16th, 2009 at 7:40 pm

Chris said,

Just came back from EZE this weekend and there was loads of J upgrade (in this case Z) inventory available for weeks…. The premium cabin demain has been REALLY falling off. Took a Thurs flight down and Monday PM back. 1/2 full of revenue pax each way.