As I posted about earlier today, I’ll be in San Francisco tomorrow night for dinner with my favorite flight attendant and lots of you guys!

Due to my move I was a bit late in getting working on the reservation, so reader David volunteered to help, and got us a table tomorrow night at 6:30PM at TXOKO. The table is for ~19 people and under the name “David,” so please post below if you’ll be able to make it. I’m not sure how many checks they’ll be able to put the dinner on, so please try to bring cash just in case we can’t all pay by credit card.

Would be great to see lots of you there!

1. October 24th, 2012 at 9:06 pm

Erik said,

Ok sounds good. I will be bringing a guest. So +1 for us.

2. October 24th, 2012 at 9:08 pm

Frank said,

Yes, I will be there plus one other Mile Runner. See you all there.

3. October 24th, 2012 at 9:11 pm

Nat Arem said,

No credit cards for this crowd!? That would be disastrous.

4. October 24th, 2012 at 9:12 pm

colleen said,

This is funny … I’m picturing the cash/credit brawl as the check is delivered!!!

5. October 24th, 2012 at 9:14 pm

noah said,

I’m coming!

6. October 24th, 2012 at 9:15 pm

db said,

Noooo. You should have left the bromo’s and take you FA out for dinner. You going to end up with 20, 40 years old frequent flyer and 1 poor girl.

7. October 24th, 2012 at 9:16 pm

Levy Flight said,

I would join, my home town, but in Tampa. Oh the irony.

8. October 24th, 2012 at 9:18 pm

Dax said,

“Cash?”

I don’t think I’ve ever heard you use that rather intriguing term before.

Is it a new acronym or some sort of trendy West Coast slang?

Which brand and alliance is cash connected with?

How many bonus points does cash offer?

Does cash impose a fuel surcharge?

Can you double dip with cash?

How many times do you have to use cash before the “make it rain” rebate comes into effect?

9. October 24th, 2012 at 9:24 pm

SonomaWine said,

We would be there but it is the Giants game! Go Giants!!!!

10. October 24th, 2012 at 9:36 pm

Alex said,

cant wait for this clusterfu*k to play itself out

11. October 24th, 2012 at 9:48 pm

Jackson said,

I’ll be there.

12. October 24th, 2012 at 9:48 pm

deux centimes said,

A rather pricey place, Lucky!
    I sure hope you’re getting a kickback, as you’re running up a $1,200 bill for sure between 20 people. Without alcohol.

13. October 24th, 2012 at 9:54 pm

Dan said,

Thanks for arranging, see you there!

14. October 24th, 2012 at 9:54 pm

Bob Law said,

Would have been there if it was 7:30… next time!

15. October 24th, 2012 at 9:54 pm

Jason said,

It’ll prob be all guys but mark me down for one.

16. October 24th, 2012 at 9:56 pm

Sandeep said,

In for one

17. October 24th, 2012 at 10:00 pm

@ Erik @ Frank @ noah @ Dan @ Jackson @ Jason @ Sandeep — Awesome, look forward to seeing you there!

@ Nat Arem @ Dax — Hah! For such a large group they’re sometimes not willing to split checks, so maybe we can have some trivia to see who gets to put the total on their card. :D

@ Levy Flight — Tampa? Pssh, what a dump!

@ Alex — So is that a yes? ;)

@ deux centimes — Options are usually limited for such a large group, and most restaurants wanted to do a prix fixe menu, which would have been much more expensive.

@ Bob Law — There may very well be an after party, so feel free to stop by and maybe you can join us for that if you’d like!

18. October 24th, 2012 at 10:16 pm

dhammer53 said,

Coins, Better watch out for that flight att MILF that rumor has it will attend.

19. October 24th, 2012 at 10:37 pm

Richard said,

It’s a great choice: Mr. Fancy Pants-worth Basque-y food. Sous chef is Basque. I ate there earlier this year and everything was great. Not quite San Sebastian or Bilbao but very nice for USA.

Sadly, I can’t make it… :-(

20. October 24th, 2012 at 10:41 pm

Ed said,

Hey Ben, I’ll be coming with my bf. See you there!

21. October 24th, 2012 at 11:10 pm

mac said,

Coins! F-yeah will be there – bout time we meet in person. Can I put it on my card if I show you where the SF “nillas” are?

22. October 24th, 2012 at 11:12 pm

Dax said,

I’d be up for dinner and I generally carry at least some cash but I would need to have lots of notice and/or have it be on a weekend or something.

Perhaps you should plan something a few months out to see if you can get a few hundred people to commit. Maybe get in touch with a manager and offer some sort of discount to a favorite restaurant or hotel or whatever. Although other blogs may cover more topics or go into more detail I think a blog like yours would probably attract a nice mix of serious and casual travelers from all over. Maybe even a few flyover cities like mine.

And that’s important, because hardcore business travelers kind of creep me out a little in large numbers. Haven’t you ever been reading a book or messing with your phone while you’re at an airport restaurant or bar and then there’s a chill that streaks down your spine causing you to look up and see a large number of hardcore business travelers surrounding you from every angle? They may look tame and docile on the surface but deep down you know if there’s a delay or other complication they may become suddenly agitated and highly aggressive without any warning.

Yeah. Just like that.

Anyway, what was I saying? Oh, right, have the next event somewhere in Texas. We’ve got all of the usual chain crap with none of the unique trendy stuff to clutter up your options.

;-)

23. October 24th, 2012 at 11:26 pm

Jack said,

I’ll be there. Lett us know where/when.

Just lets stay away fron the ball park area… Was great fun tonight, but once was enough!

24. October 24th, 2012 at 11:30 pm

Maurice and Bruno said,

Did someone say lots of guys? We will be there with bells on! Can’t wait, fellas!

25. October 24th, 2012 at 11:36 pm

Andrei said,

Tweet where the after party is – I might be able to join that one.

26. October 24th, 2012 at 11:43 pm

Leslie H (tripswithtykes) said,

I’m in. Only 6 blocks away from where I work, so why not?

27. October 25th, 2012 at 12:00 am

EthanSF said,

May try to stop by, and meet some fellow travel savvy individuals, might not have dinner, but would grab a drink!

28. October 25th, 2012 at 12:02 am

EthanSF said,

And what a romantic location, next to all of San Francisco’s strip bars, haha! :-)

29. October 25th, 2012 at 12:43 am

yq said,

dear lucky,

Next time you are in SFO or SIN, please post again. I learn a lot from your post. One quick question: if yoou use American express business gold card to buy miles, do you get 3X points?

30. October 25th, 2012 at 1:28 am

Evan said,

In for one more – look forward to meeting everyone!

31. October 25th, 2012 at 7:57 am

Albert said,

Credit card roulette!!

32. October 25th, 2012 at 9:20 am

chum said,

there will be a next time, yah?

33. October 25th, 2012 at 9:33 am

@ Chum — I’m sure there will be.:-)

34. October 25th, 2012 at 10:06 am

JetAway said,

Please post some pics of this event, Lucky.

35. October 25th, 2012 at 12:03 pm

kathy (Will Run For Miles) said,

It was nice seeing you in Chicago.

I can’t make it to dinner, but if anyone is at SFO tomorrow night, I have 3 hours between flights…..

Kathy
    willrunformiles@gmail.com

36. October 25th, 2012 at 4:37 pm

Pat said,

Oh boo! I’m in London.

37. October 26th, 2012 at 12:29 am

webazoid said,

c’mon…we need an update.

38. October 26th, 2012 at 1:17 am

Matthew said,

My late LAX-SFO UA flight landed in the intl terminal about midnight tonight. As I was walking down the concourse, the SQ001 crew strolled past, including…well, I may not have been at the dinner, but I did get to see her. :)

39. October 26th, 2012 at 3:47 am

NV said,

We need an update on this!!!

40. October 26th, 2012 at 6:08 am

Tracy T. said,

So…how was dinner? We need pictures! :)

41. October 26th, 2012 at 11:41 am

Thanks to everyone that made it last night, it was great to meet all of you!

I had a great time, and I know Janesis enjoyed the dinner as well. To those of you that thought all of this was creepy, it’s all in your head. :D

42. October 26th, 2012 at 2:35 pm

THEsocalledfan said,

So, I sure hope you are going to post about the dinner and some pictures? And will you be seeing Janesis again? (I am enjoying the soap opera part of this story…..)

43. October 27th, 2012 at 10:36 am

Leslie H (tripswithtykes) said,

Had a great time meeting everyone. It was a great crowd – easily 25 people over the course of the evening. I hope to get a couple of photos up myself later today.

44. October 29th, 2012 at 10:43 am

Leslie H (tripswithtykes) said,

Photos finally up… if others who were there had any photos, please share!

45. October 31st, 2012 at 4:21 pm

Is MOGL the best dining rewards program? - One Mile at a Time said,

[...] way I actually found out about this is that last week I had a blog dinner in San Francisco, and the restaurant we ate at, TXOCO, actually belonged to the program. One of the attendees [...]