Hilton is offering a “Friends & Family” sale for stays between December 14, 2012, and January 7, 2013. Now I’m not sure why the sale is called a “Friends & Family” sale, given that there’s no requirement to know an employee or anything. I guess they just consider anyone wanting to stay at a Hilton property to be a “friend.”

Through this promotion they’re offering 50% off at participating Waldorf Astoria, Conrad, Hilton, DoubleTree, Embassy Suites, and Hilton Grand Vacations properties, and 30% off at participating Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton, Homewood Suites, and Home2 Suites properties.

As far as promotional sales go, this one is shockingly straightforward. It seems to be 50% off the “best available rate” at many hotels, and the stay is still refundable. Now, there may very well be other rates lower than the “best available rate” and you don’t get 50% off those, though in almost all cases this rate ends up being lower.

Take the Conrad Tokyo, for example, where the rate is cut in half to 20,000 Yen (~$240USD) for some nights.

Anyway, that’s just one example, though availability seems to be there for just about every day I’ve searched. So if you already have some refundable Hilton bookings this might be a good time to “reprice” them, and if you have any travel coming up in the next month or so, now would be a good time to look at rates.

(Tip of the hat to Gary)

1. December 10th, 2012 at 1:56 am

Jamison said,

thanks lucky!

2. December 10th, 2012 at 2:08 am

Jamison said,

just snagged a weekday night at the Waldorf Astoria in NYC for 109. unbelievable.

3. December 10th, 2012 at 2:45 am

Jason said,

Man! Ahead of a winter vacation I booked four nights at the “any weekend anywhere” prepaid rate JUST before this promo started.

4. December 10th, 2012 at 5:58 am

Cindy said,

Was going to book a basic airport hotel but staying at the Hilton instead for half the expected price. Thanks!!!

5. December 10th, 2012 at 7:26 am

Jessica said,

Awesome – Just rebooked 2 of my December stays! Saved at least $250 on a 2 night stay in Clearwater!

6. December 10th, 2012 at 7:48 am

Ethan said,

Probably it’s the time of year people go to see “Friends & Family”!

7. December 10th, 2012 at 9:54 am

dmodemd said,

I’m not seeing them for Houston Dec 18-21, on the mobile Hilton site at least….

8. December 10th, 2012 at 11:44 am

maccoinnich said,

Thank you Ben. I just changed from a night at a Hilton Garden Inn to a regular Hilton, and saved myself €20 in the process.

9. December 10th, 2012 at 1:28 pm

LincolnPark said,

Thanks Ben! I just cancelled my existing reservation at the Hilton Garden Inn over the Holidays, rebooked under this offer and scored the 30% discount. Plus I’ll be enjoying my first stay (and free breakfast :-)) as a Gold through my Hilton Amex Surpass card.

10. December 10th, 2012 at 1:58 pm

BFrankley said,

I thought I had found a great rate in Austin using one of your FTU secret tips for Starwood bookings. But Hilton rates now have that beat. Thanks, twice!

11. December 11th, 2012 at 11:29 am

dmodemd said,

Ok, I see you have to click through the offer link above to get the rates.

12. December 11th, 2012 at 12:07 pm

dmodemd said,

WARNING: On FT thread, email confirmation from Hilton that you get NO point or stay credit for these rates!!

13. December 11th, 2012 at 12:07 pm

dmodemd said,

correction… night or stay credit… didn’t say anything about points…

14. December 14th, 2012 at 11:02 am

Brian said,

This is an employee program that was not put out well by Hilton. “Friends and Family” means friends and family of employees. Usually you have to have a “passport” given out by HR, but they decided to put it out on a public webstite, causing this problem. Hilton hotels have now noticed this and are putting caps on the program.