Via Frequent Miler’s Quick Deals, the AAdvantage eShopping portal is offering 60 AAdvantage miles per dollar spent at magazines.com.

AAdvantage

AAdvantage1

The terms state the following:

Eligible on Magazine subscriptions only (automatically renewed subscriptions are not eligible).  Not eligible on purchases made with coupon or discount codes that are not found on this site. Journals and International Magazines are not eligible.

So you earn 60 bonus AAdvantage miles per dollar spent, plus the miles you’d usually earn for credit card spend, for a total of 61 miles per dollar. That’s a rate of ~1.64 cents per AAdvantage mile, which is pretty great to begin with. If you actually have a use for magazines or can donate them to charity, it gets even better…

This should even be combinable with the promotion offering 2,500 bonus AAdvantage miles when you spend at least $250 through the portal.

AAdvantage2

1. November 24th, 2013 at 9:20 am

Colleen said,

First sentence needs fixed. 60, not 60,000.

2. November 24th, 2013 at 9:25 am

@ Colleen — Whoops, thanks! I blame my lack of a post-redeye nap.

3. November 24th, 2013 at 9:29 am

Mike said,

Shades of that 100 miles per dollar deal US had a few years back. Pity magazines take up so much more space than security tags or I would go all in on this.

4. November 24th, 2013 at 10:06 am

JC said,

Do I have to use AAdvantage credit card to purchase to receive the bonus?

5. November 24th, 2013 at 10:14 am

Gary said,

@Mike while this is a good deal, 60 miles per dollar is nothing like 140 miles per dollar ;-)

6. November 24th, 2013 at 10:14 am

George said,

Lucky, do you want magazines? =) Drop me an email and I’ll send 100k miles worth across to you!

7. November 24th, 2013 at 10:21 am

Ben said,

Thanks for the heads up! 1,500 miles coming my way.

8. November 24th, 2013 at 10:50 am

AA eShopping 购买杂志一美元60里程 - TroyLiu和乐飞游 by 刘朔廷 said,

[…] via One mile at a time […]

9. November 24th, 2013 at 11:57 am

Ben said,

They nearly all are auto renew…. maybe that just means no points when they renew, but yes points on the current payment?

10. November 24th, 2013 at 5:15 pm

Benjamin Perley said,

So, is there an easy way to make sure the auto-renewal never happens? Might be something to think about if you’re buying a ton of magazines.

I was thinking about using a prepaid card so that auto-renew is impossible.

11. November 24th, 2013 at 5:42 pm

Ben said,

You can just call anytime after order and request to cancel the auto renew – idk if that works and/or is necessary for the T&C of this offer tho….

12. November 24th, 2013 at 7:13 pm

Danny said,

You can donate the magazines to a nursing home or children’s home. Just Google their address and sent them there. You can do something nice for other people.

13. November 24th, 2013 at 10:28 pm

maccoinnich said,

If you have the Virgin Atlantic MasterCard (recently converted from the AMEX) they’re giving 5,000 miles for spending in a bunch of categories, one of which is 500 miles for magazine subscriptions.

If this works, I figure that for renewing the New Yorker @ $70 (which I would do anyway) I should be getting 570 VS miles, 4,200 AA miles for the transaction, plus 750 AA miles for the $75 spend (I’ve made some over transactions)… ie 5,450 miles total. Assuming I value the magazine at zero, that’s 1.28 cpm.

14. November 25th, 2013 at 2:29 pm

Benjamin Perley said,

@Maccoinnich, is the $70 price for the NY’er anywhere close to the going rate?

15. November 25th, 2013 at 2:46 pm

maccoinnich said,

A few years ago, it seemed like they were more or less giving it away for free – $30 or so per year. Now it seems like the standard price is $70 at Conde Naste/Amazon.com/Magazines.com (still a massive discount from the cover price – $1.49/issue vs $6.99). I’m sure if I’d waited long enough, they’d have offered me a renewal price of $50 or something… but I’m happy to take the miles.