Back in December I posted about this year’s first Frequent Traveler University, which will be held in my (sorta) hometown of Seattle. For those of you that have never attended Frequent Traveler University, it’s one of the largest “educational” miles & points events, and as of late has been held twice a year (once in the spring and once in the fall).

Anyway, I’m posting because I’ve been informed that fewer than 90 tickets are left for sale, so if you’re considering going I’d recommend purchasing a ticket as soon as possible. Registration this year is capped at 400 people, which is lower than in the past. Tickets include access to all the events, a welcome reception, and lunch on Saturday and Sunday. There’s also a $99/night group rate available at the Marriott Seattle Airport, which will be the host hotel.

Speakers for the spring FTU event include Gary from View from the Wing, Greg from Frequent Miler, Summer from Mommy Points, and many more yet to be announced. But equally (or possibly more) valuable is being able to connect and share tricks with hundreds of like-minded frequent flyers.

I hope to see lots of you there, rain or shine (okay, it’s Seattle, no point in lying about it).

1. January 31st, 2014 at 5:34 am

Points with a Crew said,

Hmm thanks for the information – I hadn’t heard about it yet so I’ll definitely have to take a look – thanks again!

2. January 31st, 2014 at 6:09 am

Fredd said,

Thanks for posting this, Ben. Even though I’m a faithful reader I missed your previous post and any other advertising in the pre-Christmas rush.

I’ve just signed us up. We only live a couple of hours away via I-5 so that was a no-brainer.

We met you at the Chicago Seminar a couple of years ago and will look forward to saying hello again.

3. January 31st, 2014 at 7:35 am

UA-NYC said,

Since we all know you won’t just drive over to the event – will you be flying via Europe or Asia to get there? :)

4. January 31st, 2014 at 8:48 am

@ Fredd — Look forward to seeing you again!

5. January 31st, 2014 at 9:10 am

Vik said,

Any chance of getting Drive-thru-Bobba to cater?

6. January 31st, 2014 at 9:28 am

@ Vik — Read my mind. ;)

I’m working on that…

7. January 31st, 2014 at 11:21 am

Todd said,

Booked my hotel a while ago and just bought my tickets for the first FTU. Pretty stoked.

If anyone from BC wants to car pool, I’ll be heading down Friday afternoon. Respond here and we’ll exchange email.

8. January 31st, 2014 at 5:20 pm

Ivan Y said,

Booked a room and got a ticket as soon as they became available!

@ Lucky — you should hold a signing session. Only Rimowa amenity kits and LH ducks are eligible ;)

9. February 3rd, 2014 at 8:23 am

Donna said,

@Lucky – where will the next one be held?

10. February 3rd, 2014 at 8:40 am

AC said,

hi, can someone confirm that the group rate at the marriot is cancelable / not charged until i arrive? there is no information on the rate rules regarding this besides saying that the room requires a CC to reserve your room.
    i’m not 100% sure if i’m going yet although i’ve bought the event ticket already.
    thanks in advance.

11. February 3rd, 2014 at 8:53 am

@ Donna – I haven’t heard yet, actually.