Delta just announced that they will be selling Medallion Qualifying Miles for those members who are trying to reach Diamond, Platinum, Gold, or Silver Medallion status for 2014.
This offer is valid now through December 31, 2013, you can buy between 2,500 and 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) that will post to your 2013 MQM balance and apply toward your 2014 status.
The prices will vary based on your current Medallion status.
Diamond and Platinum Medallion prices for MQM’s are:
2,500 MQM’s for $795
5,000 MQM’s for $1,195
7,500 MQM’s for $1,595
10,000 MQM’s for $1,995
Gold Medallion prices for MQM’s are:
2,500 MQM’s for $595
5,000 MQM’s for $895
7,500 MQM’s for $1,195
10,000 MQM’s for $1,495
Silver Medallion prices for MQM’s are:
2,500 MQM’s for $495
5,000 MQM’s for $695
7,500 MQM’s for $995
10,000 MQM’s for $1,195
General Member prices for MQM’s are:
2,500 MQM’s for $475
5,000 MQM’s for $675
7,500 MQM’s for $875
10,000 MQM’s for $1,075
As you can see Delta is charging current Platinum and Diamond Medallion members the most to buy MQM’s.
Terms and Conditions:
- MQMs purchased will be deposited to your 2013 MQM balance
- MQMs purchased through this Buy MQMs offer are nonrefundable
- Rollover MQMs are a Medallion benefit only. General members with fewer than 25,000 MQMs by December 31, 2013, will not roll over unused MQMs
- Members who qualify for Rollover MQMs toward 2015 Medallion status must also earn the minimum amount of Medallion Qualification Dollars effective for January 1, 2014
- If applicable, Medallion status and Million Miler™ status will be updated within 24 hours of MQMs purchase
- The minimum/maximum MQMs per transaction are 2,500 / 10,000
- The maximum MQMs that may be purchased for one SkyMiles account for the 2014 Medallion year is 10,000
- All transactions are processed in U.S. dollars
- All the terms and conditions of the SkyMiles program apply
These prices are very extreme and I would encourage anyone who was thinking of buying these to either take a mileage run or take a look at some of Delta’s credit cards which offer MQM’s as sign-up bonuses.
If you’re looking for a way to rack up the Delta SkyMiles, the Delta Reserve card gives 10,000 MQM’s and 10,000 SkyMiles after the first purchase. The Platinum Delta Amex gives 35,000 bonus SkyMiles plus 5,000 MQM’s after spending $1,000, and the Delta Gold Amex gives 3o,000 bonus SkyMiles 5,000 after spending $1,000.