First International Business Class trips are always a little bit special. Whether it is the excitement of flying up front, visiting a new place, or just experiencing something new with someone you enjoy spending time with, the experience up flying up front can make it just a little more memorable. And for something else to remember the experience by, most airlines offer a Business Class amenity kit. But not all amenity kits are created equal. To illustrate this point, we ran a giveaway to give readers a chance to win one of 5 “Vintage” Delta Business Elite amenity kits or 1 of the new Tumi Delta Business Elite amenity kits.
An amenity kit often comes in varying styles and uses. The amenity kit I received from my Air Seychelles flight was twill based, cool but not very useful afterwards other than maybe a golf tee bag holder. American Airlines First Class offers amenity kits that are very useful because it doubles as an iPad case.
Anyway, the swag was not the main point. We thought it would be interesting to hear about our reader’s first International Business Class Trip. So we asked readers to comment in the official entry post with a brief story about their first Business Class trip. The responses were great and you can read each of them by clicking here to read the comments.
Congratulations To The Winners
Congratulations to the following winners who have won a Delta Amenity Kit. There were 5 winners of the Delta “vintage” amenity kits and 1 winner of the new Delta Tumi Amenity kit.
“Vintage” Amenity Kit Winners
- Carol shared her first Business Class experience: ’I was 19 when i took my first business class on British Airway to Glasglow, UK from Singapore. The funny part was, i was paid by Motorola to hand-deliver a dedicate machinery component for them urgently. Economic class was booked out and so they paid for biz class. Once i arrived in glasglow airport, hand over the part to a Motorola staff and i went on to spent 1.5 week backpacking in UK before boarding biz class back home. At 19, that was the SWEETEST holiday job ever, my family was worried i was a drug mule…lol.“
- Doug shared his first Business Class experience: “JFK to CDG…there’s nothing like flying business/first and waking up in Paris. Went on a family vacation and sat next to my mom, who taught me what to do with the warm towel! Thanks for showing me the good life, Mom.”
- Brian shared his upcoming Business Class trip: “Haven’t had one yet BUT, the bride to be and I will be flying ORD-HKG in first, HKG-DPS-SIN-MLE-TPE-JFK in Business come August! ”
- Scott C shared his first Business Class experience: “Seattle – AMS. Went SAS business class via Copenhagen. So sad that flight does not exist any more. It was a good one. I love the sites in the Copenhagen airport.”
- jessewithaj shared his upcoming First Class experience “Planning first trip with my bride to DXB on Emirates using AS miles.”
Delta Tumi Amenity Kit Winner
- Suzy shared her first International First Class Experience: “In January,1982 flew Singapore Airlines from NY to Hawaii then Hawaii to Hong Kong with a boyfriend. It was first class (no business available) but nothing like first class now. The seats were not flat beds but they reclined a bit and had foot rests and swiveled so you could have four seats face each other to eat and play cards. There was a staircase leading to the upper level with a great lounge area with drinks and snacks. 6 of us were traveling together so it was lots of fun (especially when you are 24 years old). Spoiled at a young age when it comes to flying.”
Congratulations to the winners. You will receive an email with instructions on how to claim your prize. If you didn’t win, be sure to Sign up for Email (only 1 a day) so you don’t miss out on the next one.
Sign up for Email || Twitter || Facebook || Tips & Tricks
Hotel Offers || Airline Offers || Bank Offers || Cash Back Offers
There are many reasons why “getting rid” of 300,000 United Miles is a bad idea. But I’d say the ability to book Lufthansa’s First Class is just about the biggest reason. You see, United made a major devaluation last week and I got rid of a small portion of my airlines miles, only 300,000 or… continue reading
US Airways has now followed the leaders American Airlines, Delta’s and JetBlue’s to rollout new guidelines after the FAA gave their approval to allow electronic devices in flight. Let me tell you from personal experience how cool it is to use your personal devices below 10,000 feet. Very cool. No longer do you have to… continue reading
A class action lawsuit was brought against Southwest to seek damages related to their…drink coupons. That is right. Frequent Flyers like their drinks so much, they are willing to go to court! A Settlement has been proposed in a class action lawsuit seeking damages for Class Members who received Southwest drink coupons through the purchase… continue reading
On November 5th, Rocketmiles will be 1 year old, and they are celebrating in a big way. Starting at 8 AM CT and lasting until 9 PM CT, members can earn a bonus 5,000 bonus miles on all new reservations. How To Get 5,000 Bonus Mile Offer To Sign-up If You Don’t Have An Account… continue reading
They say you always remember your first international Business Class trip. I can recall the time I stepped foot into my first international Business Class cabin like it was yesterday. At boarding I turned left instead of right. The champagne and excitement was flowing. Not only because of the Business Class but it was the… continue reading
We took our first flight this weekend where we were able to use electronic devices during all stages of flight. It certainly changes the game a bit, both in the ability to take pictures during take-off and landing like the ones below and in productivity. The big airline news this past week was that both… continue reading
Last week we ran a small giveaway here at Points, Miles & Martinis to offer one winner this sleek, brown colored Viktor Rolf KLM Business Class amenity kit. Since it was unopened, the contents were unknown. So we thought it would be fun to ask our readers what their favorite item to find inside an… continue reading
Start your holiday shopping now at Neiman Marcus where you can get an additional 18x American miles when you go through your AAdvantage Shopping portal! This is a huge amount of miles 3x more then the usual 6 miles/$! Additionally, there are some good sales going on as well including a denim sale where you… continue reading
I departed yesterday for Vegas and the annual AAPEX show. The trip was going perfectly until the Chicken Marsala, that I ordered, arrived to my tray table. It was accompanied by some sort of cold, mushy “Greek Style” salad. Now I have had Greek Salad hundreds of times in my life, none of which left… continue reading
A big drawback of the Delta SkyMiles program is the inability to officially book a one-way award ticket at half the cost of a round-trip (RT) ticket. You see, if a Delta member wants to book a one-way award, they are required to book at the round-trip price. But it doesn’t have to be that… continue reading
The US Airways promotion where you can buy enough miles for a Business Class award ticket to North Asia or Europe for only $1,881.25 is back. US Airways is offering it’s members a chance to buy miles with a 100% bonus on purchase miles. This time the offer is valid through November 30, 2013. This… continue reading
It’s always a great morning when you wake up to complimentary Park Hyatt Diamond Breakfast and a view like this. The typical Park Hyatt breakfast isn’t anything to shake a stick at, but when you throw in the Sydney Opera House, you know you’re in for a good day. All thanks to Hyatt Diamond status… continue reading
Points, Miles & Martinis is offering a chance to win a sleek, brown colored Viktor Rolf KLM Business Class amenity kit while KLM is offering significant savings on their World Business Class product. KLM is offering up to 65% discount on our World Business Class for their members during the Thanksgiving break. From November How… continue reading
Hawaiian Airlines is offering their members a chance to earn 100,000 HawaiianMiles for shopping online. It’s easy to enter. Simply download the tool bar and you’ll earn 100 entries to the giveaway. How To Enter Get 100 entries when you install the Hawaiian Airlines MileFinder and earn your first HawaiianMile with the MileFinder by completing… continue reading