Very interesting article
“10 things cruise lines won’t tell you
Navigating a sea of potential sickness, danger and debt”
Some of the comments from the readers:
“I avoided cruises for years as some friends of ours, American and Canadian cruise ship employees told us they refer to their passengers as the Newlywed, the Overfed, and the Nearly Dead. Ha!! A deft description when it’s all said and done. Having said that, I was hooked after the first cruise. The secret is avoiding the cruise lines with the mega ships that cater to the college set. They’re not cheap, but get on a Regent Seven Seas cruise, and you won’t be disappointed. The food is superb, there are sit down menus nearly 24×7 and the buffet lines are short and quick. With cruise lines, you definitely get what you pay for.”
and this one
“Eleven things cruise ships will tell you!
1. The Captain is no longer on parole.
2. The toilets should be working in a day or so.
3. The Air Conditioning system should be fixed before our next port of call.
4. Happy-hour will be extended thirty minutes for all former passenger survivors
5. Free flu shots on the main deck upon final arrival of our destination.
6. Passengers will kindly return all ammo from the skeet-shooting range.
7. The Miley Cyrus / Justin Bieber All Girl Revue, has been cancelled.
8. There will be an additional sur-charge for passengers wishing to depart on time.
9. Cell phone transmissions will be blocked during the cruise.
10. Anyone with medical training will be requested to report to the captains quarters.
11. Passengers who can’t swim will not be given refunds.”