Unlimited Elite Customer Upgrades – Say Goodbye to First Class
…United had previously announced their intention to implement this program last month to United’s elite customers, and is just another kick in the teeth to Flight Attendants and other loyal employees.
1. It’s true, without upgrade certificates there will be more passengers upgrading, and fewer seats up front for employees.
2. That hardly seems like a kick in flight attendants’ teeth.
3. If United’s flight attendants provided more consistently high levels of service they mght attract more passengers. Whoops, I guess those passengers might achieve elite status and steal flight attendants’ first class seats. Better not do that, then.
4. Or, wait, maybe more passengers would mean more flights, more planes, more flight attendants, better job security and higher pay. Oh, wait, That has to be wrong.
5. As one Flyertalker said, this is much ado about nothing: “they can still nonrev into three cabin F, especially intl.”