News and notes from around the interweb:
- Euan points out in the comments to yesterday’s post on British Airways lifetime elite status that BA is also offering lifetime Gold Guest List status for twice as many lifetime tier points. That status lets you trump capacity controls on awards twice per year and also comes with Hilton HHonors Diamond status.
- Changes you’re going to like at the United Club: The complimentary wine is Sycamore Lane. A drink with Beefeater gin is $9 ($11 for Bombay Sapphire; McCormick’s vodka is complimentary). Heineken is $3, the only complimentary beer is Budweiser (so far, just Bud Light). Of course I remember stockpiling Red Carpet Club drink chits, because no alcoholic beverages were free!
- For our friends up North, the RBC British Airways Infinite Visa has up to 45,000 points as a signup bonus.
- The Qantas frequent flyer membership card now doubles as a prepaid debit card.
- You can join the 30,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to receive posts by email (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to the RSS feed. It’s free. Don’t miss out!