News and notes from around the interweb:
- Marriott is running a 30% off Cyber Monday sale this coming Monday, and has given me (2) $500 Marriott gift cards to give away to readers. Enter here, all you need to do is leave a comment.
- The Economist has a video explaining fuel dumping. Ihis journalist did reach out to me to talk about the phenomenon of dropping fuel surcharges out of international airfares in order to get lower prices, but it wasn’t a subject I was especially open to discussing. Early in the year I did write a post, though, explaining the basics of fuel dumping.
- The Singapore Airlines Cabin Crew Employment Application
- The stress of the holidays brings out the extreme narcissism of some travelers. And the public-spirited exhibitionism of others. Add in inflight wifi and twitter, and the whole world gets to watch. I’m not completely convinced this is real. (HT: Newscience
- You can join the 30,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to receive posts by email (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to the RSS feed. It’s free. You can also follow me on Twitter for the latest deals. Don’t miss out!