News and Notes from Around the Interweb:
- 1000 miles for joining Air India’s frequent flyer program.
- Reacting to American’s offer of up to 7500 miles per New York JFK – Los Angeles flight segment, United is offering a similar bonus for travel during the first quarter.
- Here in the US our credit cards can offer 5 points per dollar. But in the rest of the world they get really creative. In Germany you can have the Karl Marx MasterCard (“There are some things money can’t buy. Especially if you abolish all private property.”). And in Turkey your credit card can come with a compass built-in so you always know which direction Mecca is.
- Registration for Starwood’s first quarter promotion (“Bring on the Nights”) is now open.
- You can join the 30,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to receive posts by email (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to the RSS feed. It’s free. You can also follow me on Twitter for the latest deals. Don’t miss out!