The annual membership fee is usually $450 ($375 for Silver/Gold/Platinum members and $325 for Chairmans Preferred members), so this is a substantial discount. Keep in mind that US Airways participates in Priority Pass and American Express Platinum, though the key benefit here is that this will get you into the United Club as well.

United charges anywhere from $375 to $475 for a United Club membership, so this is a way of getting a minimum of a $50 discount.

If you’re in the market for a membership, I’d say this is a good enough offer to join.

1. November 15th, 2011 at 12:45 pm

infamousdx said,

Ahh… of course the day after the end of the Grand Slam!

2. November 15th, 2011 at 12:45 pm

Antonio said,

Lucky, do you ever buy membership to US Airways Club, United Club, or any other club for your domestic flying? Why or why not?

3. November 15th, 2011 at 12:57 pm

Dax said,

My RCC is due for renewal, but I am struggling to see the benefits any more. The lounges are so damn depressing and ‘beige’ that I often feel like I am sat in a nursing home! ORD work desks are falling apart, power outlets dont work and the wifi access quality in airports like SFO, ORD, EWR and epecially DEN is just appalling. Out of LHR the shared lounge with SkyTeam is always packed, sometimes nowhere to sit, and none of these lounge designers have ever visited a VAA Club House!

Even with the $50 discount its hard to spend this amount again.

4. November 15th, 2011 at 12:58 pm

@ Antonio — British Midland Gold all the way!

5. November 15th, 2011 at 12:59 pm

@ Dax — Unfortunately you’re spot on. The only reason I care about being in a club is for the wifi, given that I’d be paying for it at most other airports. The lounges aren’t really “quiet” anymore, and there’s no food to speak of (and I don’t drink). But just having a place with wifi is worth something to me.

6. November 15th, 2011 at 1:03 pm

Antonio said,

BMI Gold gets you into clubs when flying domestically? Should my LH Senator status work as well?

7. November 15th, 2011 at 1:07 pm

@ Antonio — Absolutely, Star Alliance Gold status with any airline gets you lounge access when traveling on any Star Alliance flight. The only exception is if you’re a Star Gold with Continental, United, or US Airways, in which case you only get lounge access when traveling on non-US domestic flights.

8. November 15th, 2011 at 1:10 pm

dealswelike said,

Obviously 1 day after US Airways Grand Slam is over!

9. November 15th, 2011 at 1:37 pm

Antonio said,

Glorious! I guess I won’t be getting that Presidential Plus CC after all! Yay for UAL to KLM to LH status match!

10. November 15th, 2011 at 1:42 pm

Dan said,

Is this targeted? Some are saying you need to sign up for “News and Offers” on your US account, which I wasn’t.

Hesitant to purchase club membership without seeing discounted price first.

11. November 15th, 2011 at 1:49 pm

Golfingboy said,

We all know that chances are good that BD will no longer be a Star Alliance member sometime in 2012, so what is your plan B?

I am in the same position and I am not sure if I should give A3/AC a good look or just pay for a lounge membership.

12. November 15th, 2011 at 2:01 pm

German Expat said,

I gave up on the RCC membership and won’t get into this deal either. The lounges are just not worth the money. I already have a Verizon 4g hotspot with me and decided to rather spend the money at a decent restaurant or (the horror) sit at a quiet gate and just get some work done.

13. November 15th, 2011 at 2:49 pm

zakon said,

Do Gold Preferred members get $125 off, or is the price set at $325 with this code irrespective of the status?

14. November 15th, 2011 at 2:56 pm

@ zakon — It would appear as if the price is set at $325, so Silver/Gold/Platinum members get only a $50 discount, and Chairman’s Preferred don’t get a discount.

15. November 15th, 2011 at 3:57 pm

Chas said,

In for one, though have to admit the fact that it doesn’t confirm exactly how much your credit card will be charged was a little sketchy.

16. November 15th, 2011 at 5:50 pm

purplnurpl said,

ahh, great news. i have the $75 off new membership from the barclays card, hopefully this will stack with the $50 off, and then the amex plat $200 would cover the rest!

17. November 16th, 2011 at 3:42 am

US Airways Lounge Membership Sale - View from the Wing said,

[...] Via Ben US Airways is offering a short-term sale on club memberships through November 18. Through November 18, US Airways is offering a discount on membership in their US Airways Club. Those that use promotion code CLB30 will get the $50 initiation fee waived, plus bring down the cost of an annual membership to only $325. Furthermore, if you use that promotion code you’ll earn 3,000 elite qualifying miles. [...]

18. November 16th, 2011 at 7:30 am

Discounted US Airways (United) Club Membership Until November 18 | The Points Guy said,

[...] get US Airways, United and Star Alliance lounge access is by purchasing US Airways club membership. Ben at One Mile at a Time reports that they are currently running a promotion until November 18 that brings the cost of [...]

19. November 16th, 2011 at 8:18 am

Earn 500 Bonus US Airways Dividend Miles Shopping and DM Toolbar Gone - Mommy Points said,

[...] out some sales/changes to some Dividend Miles programs.  First, they started a great sale on US Airways Club Memberships (HT One Mile at a Time) the day after that Grand Slam ended that is valid from November 15th [...]

20. November 16th, 2011 at 8:40 am

YourFoodSherpa said,

I bought a US lounge membership last year for $249, which was a sale that was run DURING the Grand Slam promotion. Add me to the list of folks who didn’t think it was worth the money. I got my renewal notice – first for full fare, then for a discounted rate, etc. I thought they would eventually make it all the way back down to $249, at which point I would have a dilemma. They never did. I don’t.

I figure I got about 25 stops in for $249, so I would call it $10/per. The best value that I saw was during IRROPS having an agent equipped to help me on the spot. It happened once, so I don’t know how much I would value that particular interaction.

I didn’t see value at $249, so I guess I’ll pass on the $325.

21. November 16th, 2011 at 8:43 am

Rachel said,

Just an FYI, I got the same email, with the same promo code, but it’s telling me my cost is $350. I’m not an elite member so perhaps they discounted it $25 more for those with status?

“Enroll today and we’ll waive the $50 initiation fee, and you’ll pay only $350. “

22. November 16th, 2011 at 12:50 pm

jason said,

If I purchase the club membership, how many people can enter with me? i always travel with my wife and 2 kids.

23. November 17th, 2011 at 2:54 pm

William said,

Yeah, I just got the mail with the receipt. It came out to $350 with the code. Still not a bad deal though, and less than I’d have paid to United.

24. November 21st, 2011 at 3:59 am

Antonio said,

I tried out using my Lufthansa Senator card on a trip this last weekend for United and US Airways lounge access. Worked like a charm! Thanks for the tip. This will do until it expires in 2/13. After that, I’ll have to find something else. Lucky, how do you maintain BMI Gold?

25. November 21st, 2011 at 1:31 pm

Nate said,

@Antonio: I asked Lucky that once before and I’m sure he can chime in, but he told me (if my memory is correct) that he just credits his EQMs over what he needs to maintain 1k on United to either Aeroplan or BMI (BMI to get the status, Aeroplan to use their reward program but probably not so much anymore). So if you are going to fly 100,000+ miles in a year, you can credit the surplus over 100,000 to BMI and if you get enough for their Gold Status then you can use US lounge access. I guess the other option is to only credit 50,000 EQMs to United or some star alliance partner and credit the rest (or whatever you do need) for BMI Gold to get lounge access. Personally 1k is worth more to me than lounge access.

As another data point, got my receipt too nad it was $350 (- $200 from amex plat). Not terrible…but I was a little miffed I didn’t get $325 rate. Wonder if it pays to call or email and ask.

26. November 21st, 2011 at 5:15 pm

Antonio said,

Yeah, for those of us who barely make 50k, 75k, or 100k, that’s not much of an option. I guess I’ll just have to get lucky with status matching again sometime in the future.