UPDATE: This offer is expired. You can find the best current offers here.

I realize I’m a bit late to the game on this, though better late than never I suppose. That’s the joy of flying 25,000 miles in a few days and trying to catch up.

Through Monday, January 28, American Express is offering a 75,000 Membership Rewards point sign-up bonus on the Enhanced Business Gold Rewards Card after spending $10,000 on the card within four months.

Ordinarily this card doesn’t come with any sign-up bonus, though they do occasionally run one-day, 75,000 point promotional sign-up bonuses on the card like this one. The only difference is in this case the increased bonus lasts for a week and not a day.

This card is essentially the business equivalent of the Premier Rewards Gold card, and offers the following benefits:

• LIMITED TIME OFFER: Earn 75,000 Membership Rewards points when you spend $10,000 in the first 4 months of Card membership.
• 3X points on airfare
• 2x points on purchases in the U.S. for advertising in select media, gasoline at U.S. stand-alone gas stations, and shipping
• 1X points on other purchases
• Points are earned only on eligible purchases. Bonus points limitations apply.
• $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $175
• Introductory annual fee for Additional Gold Cards in the first year is $0; then, $50 for the first Additional Gold Card and no fee for other Additional Cards
• Terms & Restrictions Apply. Offer expires January 28th, 2013.

Admittedly $10,000 of spend is a big threshold to reach, though between Amazon Payments and other ways to manufacture spend it shouldn’t be too tough to reach.

And while I wasn’t feeling too great about the value of Membership Rewards points a year or so ago due to the partners they lost and devaluations of some of their partner programs, they’ve gone up in value considerably for me lately, given that they can now be redeemed for Singapore Suites Class, just about the most aspirational airline product out there. After flying in Singapore Suites last week and having a double bed all to myself, I’m not sure how I can ever go back.

If I didn’t already have the card I’d certainly be taking advantage of this, for what it’s worth…

1. January 23rd, 2013 at 12:25 pm

Jerry said,

Hey Lucky,

If I got in on a 75k Personal Gold MR offer about 1.5 years ago, am I right in assuming I’d probably not get the miles if I apply for this? Thanks!

P.S. Totally saving up my MR to transfer to singair now!

2. January 23rd, 2013 at 12:45 pm

kneemuh said,

Jerry, as I understand it, the requirement is 12 months.

But my question is a variation on yours: Is it 12 months from the date of previous application, or 12 months from cancellation?

3. January 23rd, 2013 at 12:47 pm

Lantean said,

@kneemuh

i thought the 12 month requirement was only for personal cards…

4. January 23rd, 2013 at 1:05 pm

Jerry said,

Ahh, thanks for the input kneemuh and Lantean. I think I would be ok but there’s quite a bit of talk on FT about people getting FR’ed after opening their biz PR gold without a “real” business so it’s making me wary…

5. January 23rd, 2013 at 1:48 pm

@ Jerry — You’d absolutely be eligible as one card is a business card and the other a personal card.

6. January 23rd, 2013 at 1:51 pm

@ kneemuh — I believe technically it’s 12 months from when it’s closed, though I’ve heard of lots of people getting the bonus for applications sooner than that.

@ Jerry — I don’t think it’s really a common problem, just a case of those that have it happen posting about it, and the vast majority that don’t have it happen not posting about it.

7. January 23rd, 2013 at 2:21 pm

Jason said,

Hey Lucky,

Sorry- another variation on this theme above.
    Just applied for the 100K plat personal card.
    Can I get this bonus if I don’t have a business card?
    The restriction on the bonus says
    “Bonus not valid if you’ve had the Business gold, green or plat card in the last 12 months.” But I can’t figure out whether that’s BUSINESS gold, BUSINESS GREEN, BUSINESS PLAT or any related (personal) product…
    Thoughts?
    Thanks!

8. January 23rd, 2013 at 2:29 pm

@ Jason — Yep, if you’ve just had personal cards you can absolutely get approved for this as well.

9. January 25th, 2013 at 7:15 am

ZR said,

Thanks Lucky,
    Just got approved. Had some problems with the website erroring out and had to use IE (not Chrome) to get it to go through.

10. January 25th, 2013 at 7:28 am

@ ZR — Congrats!

11. January 27th, 2013 at 1:42 pm

Eric FD said,

app link not working once you click ‘submit’. tried Safari, Firefox, and Chrome. gets below error every time.

“We are sorry.

Currently, our systems are not responding. Please try again later or call us at 1-800-519-OPEN (6736) to apply for a Card. We apologize for any inconvenience. “