Audience Rewards is offering a promotion in conjunction with Starwood. They’re offering Starpoints for answering theater trivia questions. You get two Starpoints per correct answer, up to a total of 12 Starpoints. The only instance in which this promotion seems worthwhile is if you’re trying to extend the life of your Starpoints. Otherwise 12 Starpoints isn’t exactly gonna get you much closer to your next trip. Bonus Starpoints should post within 4-6 weeks.

The answers to the six questions are as follows:

1. The original first act of The Phantom of the Opera was at Andrew Lloyed Weber’s home? True
  2. What is the last song of Act 1 in Jersey Boys? Walk Like A Man
  3. The Wicked backstage tour was formed by a man who played what role? The Witch’s Father
  4. How many dogs are in the cast of the current Broadway Annie revival? 3
  5. Who directed Once on Broadway? John Tiffany
  6. The song “Rock Of Ages” is not featured in the musical of the same name? True

Starwood_Audience_Rewards

(Tip of the hat to Points to be Made)

1. July 31st, 2013 at 7:29 pm

Fredd said,

We had the joy of looking after a couple of our grandchildren while their parents went to Vegas on an anniversary trip.

On return, they mentioned that they attended Rock of Ages and loved it. I asked them if they knew from where the title came.

They didn’t but I gather you do. I’m impressed.

Thanks for the tips.

2. July 31st, 2013 at 7:47 pm

Lea said,

If you use different email addresses, you can sign up for different Audience Rewards accounts and answer the same questions for US Airways miles and Delta miles. United is also shown as a partner but I’ve never seen the trivia questions on their partner page.

3. July 31st, 2013 at 8:47 pm

AS said,

Does this actually extend SPG points validity? Wasn’t clear if only stays actually did that…

4. July 31st, 2013 at 9:25 pm

@ AS — Yep, any activity at least once every 12 months extends the expiration date.

5. July 31st, 2013 at 9:26 pm

@ Fredd — Hah, wish I did, though I was simply passing on the answers from Points to be Made.

6. July 31st, 2013 at 9:34 pm

Kalboz said,

We have had this thread on MilePoint.com for over two years now offering periodic timely answers to all the quizzes … collecting SPG and other points: http://milepoint.com/forums/threads/free-us-airways-delta-and-spg-miles-points-for-broadway-tickets-and-trivia.13819/

7. August 1st, 2013 at 6:43 am

Lauren said,

when do starpoints expire? 12 months after last activity?

8. August 1st, 2013 at 9:07 am

oneeyejack said,

I hope you didn’t just discover this. ;)

9. August 1st, 2013 at 10:44 am

@ Lauren — Correct.

10. August 1st, 2013 at 10:44 am

@ oneeyejack — Believe it or not I did. Crap, guess I’m out 36 miles over my lifetime. :p

11. August 1st, 2013 at 11:41 am

christo said,

after answering the first question correctly, a small window popped up asking me to connect through my facebook page. Is this a requirement to get the points?
    Any other way to get around it.

12. August 1st, 2013 at 12:11 pm

@ christo — I didn’t have to connect through my Facebook. Is there not a button you can push at the bottom that will let you enter your personal info?